Tidbits About Me
1. I love to create stories.
2. I’m glad I grew up when I did, in the late 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s.
3. I LOVED Michael Jackson during my entire childhood (his 1968-1988 era (his best, before he got swallowed by stardom) – watch this – FF to 10:35-11:25). What he says there is how I’ve always felt about my writing.
4. I absolutely, unequivocally HATE frogs. There isn’t anything else I hate more. Second in line are owls.
5. I laugh a lot, most often with tears. It’s the only thing I ever got in trouble for in school.
6. I was born and raised (and attended college) in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am Black with some French ancestry.
7. I have a mild case of misophonia when people pop (or crack) their knuckles. ARRRRGHHHHH!!!!! When strangers do it I can’t say anything to them, but I become catatonic until they stop.
8. I live in a rural area on 5 acres of land.
9. I’ve always loved God, as far back as I can remember. I’ve had revelations of Jesus over the past 13 years. I love him as Yeshua. Following his teachings are what keep me grounded.
10. I admire people who are very intelligent and genuinely kind at the same time.
11. I am living proof that it is virtually impossible to OD on Peanut M&Ms.
12. Books I enjoyed as a child:
- Dr. Seuss Green Eggs & Ham (mimic: ” I do not want them here or there, I do not want them anywhere … – still my kind of thinking :-)),
- Trixie Belden series,
- Black Boy,
- The Secret Garden,
- The Red Badge of Courage (my mom made me read this, and I loved it!;
- Stranger in a Strange Land
- Tale of Two Cities amongst others.